- Perform technical accounting research and properly document accounting positions for complex transactions
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed transaction agreements and joint ventures.
- Review financial deal models to ensure valuation assumptions align with Company’s assumptions for the deal and identify deal risks (financial and non-financial) based on preliminary assessment.
- In-depth review of business combination valuations and purchase price allocation to ensure that scope, methodology and key assumptions are understood and supportable.
- Provide valuation and accounting support for other complex and unusual transactions including earn-out arrangements, asset impairments, real estate and leasing transactions.
- Provide guidance to functional accounting teams and/or integration team on the operationalization and implementation of accounting requirements.
- Plan for and coordinate audits and reviews related to Joint Venture and M&A transactions.
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting and additional experience within corporate accounting or finance function preferred.
- Transactional exposure on business combinations and understanding the processes involved in:
- Resolving significant or complex accounting matters that may arise
- Reading transaction documents with a focus on matters that may have accounting or disclosure consequences
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statements and valuations.
- In-depth understanding of U.S. GAAP (and IFRS requirements)
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, highly analytical, strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to concisely convey complex details to a broad audience.
- Hands on, can do attitude, results orientated, highly organized and a team player
- CPA, CFA qualification(s) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred